Key Facts every business seller should know:
- Only 1 of 70 buyers who call Plymouth will ever buy a business.
- Less than 8% of business transactions in the USA are all CASH, and less than 2% of transactions over $500,000 are all CASH.
- Average sale time 14 to 18 months.
- 50% of deals do not make it from offer to close.
- Based on SBA data only 25% of the businesses currently on the market will be sold.
- Based on data from the top Business listing website, in Southeastern PA and Southern NJ, 20% of the 802 businesses put on market sold, or 163 sold and 639 did NOT!
- Plymouth success rate – 78% of the business listed have been sold. Three times the industry average.
- 60% of businesses Plymouth has sold were to buyers already in the Plymouth’s buyer database.
- Average sale time 9 to 14 months.
Key Facts about Roy Mita:
- 14 years & over 100 transactions.
- Been in seller’s shoes – Sold 2 companies he owned.
- Board Member – The Middle Atlantic Business Brokers Assoc.
- Successfully sold companies to all buyer groups, individual, strategic, Private Equity, Corporate and roll ups.
- Buyer database – 4,500 total!
- Gets deals funded, commercial, SBA and real estate.
78% of businesses list SOLD, compared to industry avg of 31%.